Being in a healthy relationship is a wonderful thing, but most couples know that maintaining a happy and healthy relationship requires hard work. There are many issues and circumstances that can cause a relationship to falter or even stall, leaving people hurt, unhappy, and miserable most of the time.
Types of Relationship Problems
• Separation – Often a step before divorce or a break-up, a separation brings with it many issues that need to be dealt with by everyone involved.
• Divorce / Break-up – Learning to move on after a bad break-up or divorce can be difficult for many people, leading to other problems in their life.
• Marriage Counselling – For married couple who want to save their marriage, this type of counseling may prove useful for saving the marriage.
• Relationship Counselling – Relationship counselling can be extremely helpful for people who are thinking about getting married or are having problems in their relationship.
• Infidelity – When a husband or wife cheats on their spouse, it can cause conflict for many years to come. Learning to deal with issues of infidelity is helpful for many.
• Betrayal – While infidelity is a form of betrayal, there are other times when it becomes difficult to trust a person after they betrayed you.
• Jealousy – A little bit of jealousy may be healthy for a relationship, but too much can tear it apart. Knowing how to deal with jealous feelings or a jealous partner is important.
• Communication Problems – Many who have been married for a long time say communication is one of the cornerstones of a happy marriage. Sometimes, couples have trouble communicating with each other for various reasons.
• Power Struggles – While the man has traditionally played the dominant role in most relationships, the times are changing. Many couples face “power struggles” in which both partners try to gain and maintain dominance in the relationship instead of working together.
• Family Counselling – When a family begins to have problems that affect them. There are, however, other benefits to family counselling even if there aren’t any major problems.
• Sexual Issues – From erectile dysfunction to dealing with the effects of menopause, there are many sexual issues that affect both men and women that can have a big effect on a relationship.
Symptoms and Dangers of Relationship Problems
When communication breaks down and there is a general lack of intimacy, it’s a good sign that there is some type of relationship problem present. When partners are frequently stressed, anxious, and arguing constantly with each other, there is usually a deeper issue that is causing the symptoms. When fights last for days or even weeks, the chances of the relationship lasting are greatly diminished. When the symptoms are ignored, the difficulties don’t tend to solve themselves. Even if the relationship problems are never taken to a physical level, there are many other emotional scars
that may appear as damage is done.
types of relationship problems and can help everyone involved. By learning to better deal with relationship troubles as they appear, it’s easier to have a long, fulfilling relationship with a person.
Symptoms of / Reasons for Relationship Problems
• Avoiding intimacy
• Anxiety /Stress
• Constant arguing /Fights that last weeks or months
• Inability to resolve conflicts /Lack of communication